Veterans hold a special place in our hearts at TCN. TCN’s Medical Director is an honorably discharged Naval Special Warfare Group Veteran and has been under treatment with the VHA since 2005. Directed by an executive-level understanding of the challenges experienced by Veterans, we believe TCN offers you the best guided medical marijuana treatment taking into consideration your unique experiences, VA directives, and current Federal regulations.
Trusted Care can truly make a difference for you.TCN offers our veterans a 20% discount on your medical marijuana card Doctor Recommendation and annual medical marijuana card renewal. The Ohio Medical Marijuana Board registry charges a separate discounted fee of $25 to issue your state medical marijuana card. These are the medical marijuana treatment directives issued by the Veterans Health Administration (with TCN annotations) (VHA) Directive 1315 on 12/8/2017. It rescinds VHA Directive 2011-004 and is scheduled for recertification on or before the last working day of December 2022.
- Veterans will not be denied VA benefits because of marijuana use.
- Veterans are encouraged to discuss marijuana use with their VA providers. (Our TCN doctors are experts in the use of Medical Marijuana treatment.)
- VA health care providers will record marijuana use in the Veteran’s VA medical record in order to have the information available in treatment planning. As with all clinical information, this is part of the confidential medical record and protected under HIPAA patient privacy and confidentiality laws and regulations.
- VA clinicians cannot recommend medical marijuana. (TCN provides this service.)
- VA clinicians may not prescribe products containing Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), Cannabidiol (CBD), or any other cannabinoids. (TCN provides you with a personal treatment plan (PTP) listing a recommended custom strain & terpene mix, consumption method(s), dosage, and schedule.)
- VA clinicians may not complete paperwork/forms required for Veteran patients to participate in state-approved marijuana programs. (TCN may request copies of existing VA health records but will not ask your VA clinician to complete any paperwork.)
- VA pharmacies may not fill prescriptions for medical marijuana. (Medical marijuana is available for purchase legally at Ohio dispensaries.)
- VA will not pay for medical marijuana prescriptions from any source. (Because of current federal regulations medical marijuana is not eligible for insurance reimbursement, Medicare/Medicaid, or HSA payment)
- The use or possession of marijuana is prohibited at all VA medical centers, locations, and grounds. When you are on VA grounds it is federal law that is in force, not the laws of the state.
- Veterans who are VA employees are subject to drug testing under the terms of their employment.
Veteran Status VerificationThose applying for veteran status must provide a copy of any of the following documents to their recommending doctor:
- Department of Defense Identification Card (active, retired, temporary disability retirement list);
- DD214, DD215, or National Guard Bureau military discharge certificate indicating disposition of discharge;
- Report of separation from the National Archives National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, Mo.; or
- Veterans Identification Card from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Please note: All acceptable proof documents, except a Veterans Identification Card, must show the veteran status as honorable, general, general under honorable conditions, or discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable.
Documentation must also include the applicant’s date of birth, and should be emailed to MMCPRegistry@pharmacy.ohio.gov or mailed to:
State of Ohio Board of Pharmacy MMCP Registry Department
c/o Mail Services
30 E. Broad St., B-1
Columbus, OH 43215
If you have any questions about registering with veteran status, please call the Ohio Medical Marijuana Toll-Free Helpline at 1-833-4OH-MMCP (1-833-464-6627) or contact the Board via email at MMCPRegistry@pharmacy.ohio.gov.We are happy to help you navigate this process too. Please email specific questions to Support@TrustedCareOhio.com or call us at 800-484-5305